Finding the proper hair care system has been nothing short of an annoying struggle for me. Even though I have pretty simple hair to manage, using the wrong brand or formula wrecks absolute havoc on both my scalp and locks. I don’t really like changing up my shampoo once I find one that works for me but, since using the new range by Matrix, I cannot get enough- and, what it makes the range even more amazing is that there are 7 different types so everyone will find their perfect match!
When I was approached by the brand to try the Mega Sleek range, I was quite sceptical as so far, every single shampoo-conditioner duo that promises sleek and shiny hair has left me with an incredibly oily scalp and hair that looks unwashed. My hair already is easy to manage and quite sleek so finding something that didn’t weigh it down yet brought out the shine was a tedious task. I finally succumbed to the fear and tried the duo out as soon as I got it and was pleasantly surprised when I stepped out of the shower with my hair not feeling oily at all. The shampoo however doesn’t really lather up a lot but works really well to soak up excess oil and leave your hair with an incredible shine. I quite liked the conditioner as it immediately softened my hair and left it feeling super sleek.
The idea behind this range was that you could create any look or feel with your hair simply by using a product from one of the other ranges- such as upping the texture of your strands. Because it falls in the middle of the cheaper grocery store brands and the more upmarket salon only products, Matrix Total Results bridges the gap between the two with an accessible price and incredible product. Each range is colour coded, have both a shampoo and conditioner as well as miracle styling products and Backbar products for salons.
The entire range consist of:
- High Amplify – a silicone free formula with body-building proteins to boost the structure of fine and limp hair.
- Mega Sleek – Contains anti-frizz ingredients as well as Shea Butter to help control unruly hair and makes your hair up to 5x smoother.
- Moisture Rich – contains Glycerine to add 4x more moisture into your hair.
- Hello Blond – boosts the radiance of the hair and can be used on multi-dimensional blonds. It contains camomile to strengthen, soften and detangle hair.
- Colour Obsessed– Keep vibrant colour with fade protection and anti-oxidents to protect the hair against environmental damages.
- Texture Games – contains polymers to amp up the texture of your hair and give enough definition to create sexy waves.
- So Long Damage – contains ceramide to boost long hair for up to 88% less breakage
The next hair product which I have been using in conjunction with this shampoo range is the Denman Tangle Tamer Ultra Brush which, I literally use every single day. Most of you are probably thinking ‘Okay what’s the big deal about using a brush every single day?’ but for someone like me, it’s huge! I absolutely hate brushing my hair and never ever used to brush it for school.
My obsession with this brush is that it is a large brush with super soft nylon bristles that does an absolutely amazing job at detangling long hair with ease. It doesn’t pull on strands nor snap the hair. The big air cushioned pad follows the contour of the head for damage- free detangling.
I’m not too sure what the price of it is but will edit this post as soon as I find out but nevertheless, it is definitely worth a buy if you struggle with tangled hair.