Litchi & Titch, one of my favourite skincare brands also has an incredible range of ’s 6 essential oils which have been blended to create a ‘new elixir’, which is gorgeous in aroma and specific to its therapeutic benefits. Since getting COVID (twice!), I have used essential oils around the house to curb my anxiety, and stress and to help open up my chest during my shower – simply put, essential oils have become an important part of my daily life.
Why essential oils?
Their antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties make them a useful product to keep in your medicine cabinet – plus, the scent are just perfect (my favourite is the rose geranium with naartjie and ylang-ylang).
They have also been shown to promote healthy sleep, relieve headaches, and alleviate pain. In addition, essential oils can improve skin conditions, help treat the common cold and encourage healthy digestion.
How to use essential oils
- Add to your room diffuser. Between 6-10 or more drops should be sufficient.
- Use a tea light burner with some water to dilute the oils.
- Add to your bath water as is or with a teaspoon of carrier oil such as Olive Oil.
- Place a few drops on an OLD scarf and drape it over your pillow at night. (great for our SLEEP blend)
- A drop or two inside your mask can help to uplift your mood.
- Add a few drops to the melted wax of candles that have lost their fragrance. This works particularly well with tea-light candles.
- Add a drop to your daily moisturiser for extra flower power.
- Add a few drops to massage oils for extra potency.
What I appreciate the most about this brand is that their oils are vegan friendly, not tested on animals and made from pure, first-grade flower oils.