Since making the effort to cut out processed foods and sugars, I have been trying to come up with as many healthy treats as possible to keep me going when the 3pm slump hits. One of my absolutes favorites so far has been these amazing quinoa brownies. This has been the third time making them for the past month and I only just remembered to snap some images before eating the entire bunch. Packed full of healthy ingredients, these brownies will boost your energy, satisfy your sweet tooth and keep you full until supper-time comes around – plus, they could not be any easier to make!
I popped on over to Organic Touch in Belvedere Square to get all of the products listed below which made hunting around for ingredients such a breeze!
You will need:
- 1 cup quinoa (roasted on a pan or in the oven for about 10 minutes)
- 3 Tbsp raw and organic cacao powder (I used the Health Connection one)
- 2 Tbsp organic nut butter (simply use one of the small flavoured nut butter packets pictured in this post)
- 1 cup of medjool or any other soft date
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup mixed nuts (I used 1/2 cup almonds and 1/2 cup pecans)
- 2 Tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped good quality dark chocolate (such as Valrhorna)
Simply add all of the above ingredients to a high speed food processor until it comes together. Once everything is incorporated, pour in 2-3 Tbsp melted coconut oil.
While everything is mixing, make the ganache by melting together:
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp raw cocoa
Press the mixture into a lined pan and refrigerate. Once your ganache has set slightly, pour it over the brownie and leave in the fridge until set (about an hour).
Chop it the brownie up into squares or slice it into bars and individually wrap them in greaseproof paper for a quick grab-and-go snack. I much prefer storing them in the fridge as I find that they taste much better than if they stood out on the counter.